1. How far along are you? 16w1d
2. Symptoms & feelings? Nausea today(pizza craving gone awry), tiredness still, nipples sore
3. Personal dramas? Nah. I wouldn't mind humping more, but we're both working and tired at night. Not really drama though. :)
4. Appointments & Tests? I posted in naturalbirth about testing but none more than regular blood testing at my prenatal exams. Oh I had a pap and some std tests to teach the apprentice how to do it.
5. Belly Pics? One behind the cut. ( Read more...Collapse )
6. Cravings? Man, more aversions than cravings but -sweets the other day, which made me feel like my brain was missing. Then pizza this morning which has me feeling barfy again after a nice rest from it. I'm just trying to eat healthy organic food. It's expensive. :P
7. What made you happy this week? Posting that belly pic on Facebook, laying down after a long day, my husband just being his awesome self.
8. What made you angry/frustrated/cry this week? My house being a wreck. Such a wreck. :( songs on the radio have made me cry, my job as a nanny has made me completely CRAZY with the twin boys being 2 1/2 and -never- shutting up and the 5 year old girl being well, 5 and in my face constantly.
All the complaining aside, I'm pretty happy, if tired. It's really nice not to be constantly nauseated. Being past my 1st trimester has calmed me down too. Now if I could just nap more often at work...
 for mod questions
1. How did you come to the decision of homebirth? What events led up to that choice? I read Spiritual Midwifery in highschool and I've been set on the idea ever since. I apprenticed with a middwife in the late 90s and decided it was too much of way too many things for me to choose. So I've been a doula a couple of times since then but mostly focused on childcare and Reiki.
2. Related to #1, but a variant... WHY did you choose homebirth? If there's nothing wrong with me or my baby then there's no reason I need a doctor. That's why.
3. Have you/Are you telling your families about your choice to homebirth? Oh yes. No reason to hide. Not their choice and I don't care really how they feel about it. I am comfortable with sending them educational material if they need it. But really, they haven't pushed back much.
4. Have you/are you dealing with family and friends who disagree with your choice and are giving you grief about it?
A little, both mothers have said something and we've basically told them it's our choice and we'll let them read the research or pray as they choose.